The patient’s rights in clinical trials.
Patients participating in clinical trials are under the legal protection of Polish law and international regulations alike. By entering a clinical trial, the patients should keep in mind that the studies are conducted according to strict rules and they have specific rights. Below we have quoted the most important ones:
- The patient has the right to all information related to her/his participation in the study. If they are incomprehensible she/he has the right to obtain further explanation from the medical professional and the personnel cooperating with the investigator.
- The patient’s voluntary consent to participate in the study is unquestionably required.
- The patient has the right to refuse to participate in the clinical trial.
- The patient has the right to withdraw at any time from the study without incurring any consequences.
- The patient has the right to information about her/his health status at any time throughout the study.
- The patient has the right to information about any new data on the investigated drug which may affect her/his further decision to participate in the clinical trial.
- The patient has the right to the protection of her/his personal data.